5 Ways to Make Sure You Have Fun with Your Children
1. Plan your fun time. No matter how busy or tired you are, your kids deserve this time with you. This will also create anticipation for your child as they look forward to your time together. Planning your time will also keep your child from nagging you every 15 minutes.
2. Plan your “me” time. It might sound weird but having your “me” time is essential to having fun with your kids. It doesn’t really matter what you do during your time. You will be able to relax, feel that you are a person (not just a parent) and let go of that always ready for some trouble to happen mindset.
3. Try new things together. You might be bored to death from playing with Legos or spending afternoons on a playground. Try something unexpected together like playing your favorite song on pots and pans, scrapbooking, or other crafts. You can even make up a new game and play as a family.
4. Exercise together. As adults we often try to find a reason to get out of any exercise. But getting moving with your kids will be a natural way to have fun with your kids. Exercise will be more fun and not a chore.
5. Keep your energy up. A frustrating part of being a parent is that sometimes you really want to have fun with your kids, but your energy level is so low that you can hardly get off the couch to get a glass of water. Many people today are so busy that low energy levels become the norm. It is difficult to have fun with your kids or even be happy with chronic fatigue.
Try these to help with your energy level:
-Exercise works wonders on your energy level no matter how tired you may find yourself.
-Nature and sun can recharge your energy in even 15 minutes.
-Nutrition can create energy where fast food is simpler to make happen but can deplete you of energy.
-Getting enough sleep. Eight hours of sleep is vital to finding high energy levels.
Having fun with your kids can be so much fun. You just have to let go of the adult in you and get re-acquainted with the child who still lives inside of you.